2013年6月26日星期三

Flavor Flav's Fried Chicken closes in Iowa

Flavor Flav's Now On To VegasFlavor Flav's fried chicken venture in Iowa is officially over, the restaurant owner said Sunday.

Flavor Flav Fried Chicken is closed

Clinton, Iowa is saying goodbye to rapper Flavor Flav and his fried chicken joint – the store is now closed.

"I'm shutting the place down because I don't want to be involved with Flavor Flav," store owner Nick Cimino told the Quad City Times.

"I'm not supporting what Flavor Flav's about, y'know what I'm saying?" Cimino continued, making a veiled reference to Flav's personal behavior.

"I had a licensing agreement with Nick Cimino and that's all we had. It was his business to run from there, and the business was not run right," Flav told TMZ.

"It wasn't mismanaged by me. He mismanaged it right from the beginning because he didn't know what he was doing," Cimino countered. He wanted to be an active partner in the business when he didn't even know what was going on."

Now, Flav is set to take his chicken to Las Vegas.

"I just feel sorry for the Riviera for getting involved with him," Cimino said. "It's going to be a disaster."

Cimino is trying to stop that from happening.

"I do not want that kind of image in the Clinton community. I've been in the Clinton community for seven years, and I apologize to the whole area," Cimino said. "Me, myself and I want to apologize to the communities that I brought in such a phony to this area."

Flavor Flav Fried Chicken

And the community isn't really that upset at the loss – area resident Melissa Strutz ate at Flavor Flav's chicken last week and said it was disgusting.

"Even looking back a few days later, the whole place is a big joke. I am absolutely astounded that he has managed to convince people in Vegas to bring his establishment out west. It seriously looked like someone had spray painted over a Long John Silver's building," Strutz told SheKnows.

"They were out of the cornbread and it took 15 minutes for me to get my meal because they had to fry more chicken. The place smelled good from outside, but once you got inside and saw the whole...mess, it became less appetizing."

Get ready for that, Las Vegas.

Fried chicken recipes

Crispy fried chicken recipes
Oven fried chicken drumsticks
Cheesy chicken fingers

没有评论:

发表评论